According to Wikipedia, the following things occurred on my birthday, February 24th:
- 303 – Diocletian, Roman Emperor, publishes his edict that begins the persecution of Christians in his portion of the Empire.
- 1582 – Pope Gregory XIII announces the Gregorian calendar.
- 1868 – Andrew Johnson becomes the first President of the United States to be impeached by the United States House of Representatives. He is later acquitted in the Senate.
- 1980 – The United States Olympic Hockey team completes their Miracle on Ice by defeating Finland 4-2 to win the gold medal.
Also, the following important people share my birthday:
- 1103 – Emperor Toba of Japan (d. 1156)
- 1463 – Giovanni Pico della Mirandola, Italian humanist (d. 1494)
- 1500 – Charles V, Holy Roman Emperor (d. 1558)
- 1909 – August Derleth, American writer (d. 1971)
- 1921 – Abe Vigoda, American actor
- 1950 – George Thorogood, American singer and guitarist
- 1955 – Steve Jobs, American computer pioneer
- 1962 – Michelle Shocked, American musician
- 1974 – Chad Hugo, American musician (N*E*R*D) and producer (The Neptunes)